Where's My Refund?
After submitting your return to the IRS, you can start checking the IRS website's Where’s My Refund? or the IRS2Go mobile app.  After being accepted by the IRS, most refunds are issued in less than 21 days.

Once the IRS approves your refund, you will be given a date as to when your refund will be issued. In some situations the IRS may need additional information to approve your refund. They will contact you by mail.  

Special Tax Situations

FORM 8332: Claiming a child who lives with or without you for part of a year.Download Form 8332

EIC DOCUMENTATION: Earned Income Credit: Those who have a child and qualify for the earned income credit will need to provide documentation of proof you are able to claim the child. 

Such documentation includes:

  • mail with your child's name and address on it
  • school record
  • daycare statement with child's name and address on it
  • doctor bill or insurance notice with child's name and address on it

Tax Resource center

What's New in 2019

The standard mileage rates for 2018 are:

  • 2018 business rate: 54.5 cents
  • 2019 business rate: 58 cents
  • Medical and moving miles: 18 cents in 2018; 20 cents in 2019
  • Volunteer rates will remain the same @ 14 cents

New Law impacting when some will receive their refund

January 23 might have been the first day to submit your return to the IRS, however, a new law
​taking affect this year will impact when you receive your refund.  

The PATH (Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes) Act of 2015 requires the IRS to hold refunds related to tax returns claiming the Earned Income Credit (EIC) and/or the Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC) until mid-February (Feb. 15).  The IRS must hold the entire refund and not just the portion related to the EIC or ACTC.  

The IRS wants to ensure everyone understands that your refund will not arrive in your bank account until the week of February 27th, if there are no processing issues.  Calling the IRS office will further delay the processing of returns, so the best and easiest method to track your estimated refund date is by using the Where’s My Refund tab, found in our Tax Center tab.

Why is My Refund Amount Different?
Is your refund different than on the tax return you filed? Examples are: you owe past-due federal tax or state income tax, you have state unemployment debts, you owe past child support, or other federal nontax debts, such as student loans.  If your refund is offset, you will receive a notice in the mail from the IRS or the Treasury Department's Bureau of Fiscal Services. 

Calling the IRS (1-800-464-1040) will not speed up the process of receiving your refund.  When answered, representatives can only tell you the status of your return and will not be able to inform you when you will receive your refund.

Where's My Amended Return
To track the status of an amended return, you may use the “Where's My Amended Return?” (WMAR) online tool or the toll-free telephone line 866-464-2050 three weeks after you file your amended return.

Hours of Operation During Tax Season:
Call 712-233-2769 to schedule your appointment!